Color Grading Masterclass
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
The Color Grading Masterclass runs over 5 hours, and includes 12 in-depth lessons designed to help you achieve stunning creative looks while mitigating post-production time.
While many existing classes simply focus on teaching the functionality of specific color grading applications (such as DaVinci Resolve), this course is primarily creative in nature. Throughout the class I share my go-to methods for creating cinematic looks with all of you, in a way that is highly accessible – regardless of your skill level as a colorist or what software you prefer to work with.
Most of the tutorials are demonstrated in DaVinci Resolve, but this course is all about harnessing the tools, techniques, and methods that will deliver stunning color results, no matter what your software of choice. For that reason, nearly everything demonstrated in the course can be applied equally in FCP X, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, or any other editing/color grading platform for that matter!
A full breakdown of the lessons can be found below:
SET UP & PREP
- Critical Tools – The most essential color grading tools, their primary functions, and where to find them in DaVinci Resolve, FCP X, and Premiere Pro.
- Order of operations – A bulletproof workflow for RAW and compressed formats, designed to optimize footage for maximum creative potential.
- Shot matching & base grades – The first critical steps of any creative grade.
- Exposure Adjustments – Techniques for handling over/underexposed footage to deliver optimal luminance levels with minimal noise.
- Balancing Colors – Best practices for executing the primary grade, geared toward a natural/organic starting point.
- Perfecting Skin Tones – Assessing and fixing common technical issues that affect skin tones for a more flattering look.
POPULAR CREATIVE LOOKS
- Timeless Film Looks – A step by step tutorial, showcasing proper execution for several popular looks associated with classic motion pictures.
- The Big Budget Look – From sci-fi to action and everything in between, this lesson teaches core grading skills for several popular big screen looks.
- Ultra Stylized – Creative techniques for grading music videos, commercials, art films, and other projects that call for a more aggressive palette.
- Black/White Levels – Finding the right shadow/highlight balance, and achieving consistent luminance throughout long form projects.
- Grain & Film Emulation – Best practices for applying film grain and emulation in post, giving digital footage a more analog look.
- Color Uniformity – The final phase, exploring how global settings, LUTs, and other tools should be used in unison to create a cohesive aesthetic.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with the skills needed to achieve incredible color results in less time than ever. It will help you realize your vision, over-deliver for your clients, and maximize your time by having a clear path to the finish line.
Here is a sample video tutorial from Lesson #7 in the list above –
Check your email after purchase for a PDF with instructions to access the course immediately. Enjoy!